Wednesday 7 September 2011

From Russia with love!

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for visiting my blog. As you can probably tell from the cheesy and slightly obvious title (heck, I can't be original all the time!) I am currently in the nation of Russia, where the winters are cold, the summers are short and where, according to my mother, everyone's name ends in 'ovich'.

This blog will be following me on my travels, both around Russia and around France, and in it I hope to both entertain and inform, telling you about the places I go, the characters I meet and the culture I discover as I attempt to get to the heart of a nation and its people.

It has now been just over a week since I arrived in this country, and there is both much and little to tell you. I'd love to give you a detailed description of the way of life here, but having only lived it for a week now, I have but dipped my toe in the great ocean that is the former USSR. So, over the coming weeks, I shall be mingling my analyses of various aspects of life in Russia with reports on the different cities and places I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment